• Functional and administrative supervision is exercised over Directors of Nursing and Patient Care Services, Clinical Nurse Managers, Clinical Nurse Supervisors, Staff Nurses, Advanced Practice Nurses, Professional/Administrative and office staff, assistive personnel, and other disciplines as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is required. Master’s degree in Nursing, Hospital Administration, Business, Public Health or related health care field is required.
Either the Bachelors or Master’s degree must be in Nursing.
• Doctoral degree in Nursing or a related health care field is strongly preferred.
• Current State of Michigan Board of Nursing license is required.
• Recognized certification in nursing leadership or and administration is desirable.
• Seven to ten years of administrative responsibility within a complex academic health care organization with progressive experience in nursing leadership positions at the Director level or higher, is required.
• Additional experience in inpatient nursing is desirable.
• Experience in a unionized environment is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with physician partners, individuals and/or teams, across disciplines, are required.
• Demonstrated skill in change management is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Strong financial and analytic skills are required.
• Demonstrated experience in program planning, implementation, and evaluation is required.
• Experience in facility planning and major building projects, is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of University policies and procedures is desired.
• Demonstrates the following UMHS leadership competencies:
o Creates Value for the Diverse Communities We Serve
o Creates a Shared Vision
o Leads Innovation & Change
o Fosters & Promotes Diverse Teams
o Collaborates and Builds Inclusive Relationships
o Coaches and Develops Others
o Achieves Results
o Solves Problems
o Aligns Culture
o Acts with Courage and Confidence
**RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
Nursing specific information and how to apply:
The University of Michigan Health System has retained Witt/Kieffer to conduct a national executive search for this Chief Nursing Officer position.
Your resume will be directed to Witt/ Kieffer for further evaluation and selected candidates will undergo a formal search committee review.
Questions about this process may be directed to UMichCNO@wittkieffer.com
or contact MICHIGAN MEDICINE Nurse Recruitment & Retention at (734) 936-5183 or email us at email@example.com
for assistance.Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
The University of Michigan offers competitive wages and benefits, along with a 2:1 retirement match! The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.